Environmental projects
Home > Sustainability > Environmental projects

Environmental Policy
“Romagnole Group has the environmental protection as one of its priorities when performing its activities, through the responsible environmental management, compromised with the expectation of customers, shareholders, employees and community.”


Based on this principle, Romagnole Group keeps a responsible environmental policy with a practical and updated environmental management system. All the companies in the group use these tools to communicate and make its employees aware of the importance of environmental preservation. Moreover, Romagnole attends to all the legal standards and guidelines for pollutants emission, waste discards and a mindful use of raw material, established by the responsible environmental agencies, using clean production technologies. The Group constantly searches for product and service improvement, respecting the national and international environmental preservation laws and works with seriousness and professionalism to link its market perpetuation to human sustainable development.

Major Projects Developed

SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT

Romagnole keeps a permanent project of waste management and destination to all the waste generated in its production and administration processes. So, the company reuses or recycles 95% of its waste, including materials as paper, metal scraps, wood, paint sludge and solvents, and others. The remaining 5% are destined to licensee companies, which are responsible for the final destination of this waste.

REDUCTION IN WATER AND ELECTRICAL POWER CONSUMPTION

Concerned with the preservation of natural resources, Romagnole counts with a water and electrical power consumption reduction program, which has shown highly positive results. The success of this program is due to the awareness work developed with the employees.

REDUCED USE OF INPUTS

The relentless pursuit of production processes and technologies which reduce the input utilization and cause less environment impact is a reality in Romagnole. Among the actions undertaken in this direction stands out the reduction of paper use campaign and the acquisition of acid and solvent recovery equipment.

ENVIRONMENTAL WEEK

Focusing on its internal public environmental education, Romagnole annually holds the Environmental Week. This project, involving more than four thousand people, gives the employees important information regarding the environmental matters and puts them in contact with the major projects developed by Romagnole in this area.

ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION

The employees’ work of environmental awareness is done in a continuous way in Romagnole by trainings performed throughout the year and also during a new employee’s integration process. This work is reinforced with the internal newspaper and other internal communication channels.

TREE SEEDLING DISTRIBUTION

Romagnole seeks to encourage its employees to plant trees. For this purpose it usually distributes seedlings from Atlantic Forest Native Species, advising on the correct way to plant them. This program was already responsible for the plantation of more than three thousand trees.

ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION AT SCHOOLS

Romagnole carries out in the municipal schools of Mandaguari (State of Paraná) some environmental education projects which contemplate lectures given by the company’s employees. Among the most discussed topics are the selective collect, water and electrical power responsible consumption, environmental preservation and tree planting.

SELECTIVE COLLECT

Having a large volume of recyclable material generated by Romagnole, the company instituted a garbage selective collect internal program. This program has been intensified with employees’ training and informative material distribution.

LICENSING, MONITORING AND ENVIRONMENTAL VERIFICATION

Romagnole complies with the laws in Brazil and has environmental licensing for all its activities. Besides that, environmental monitoring is carried out in all its production processes through periodic environmental analysis regarding the quality of the water, soil and air to guarantee nothing goes in disagreement with established standards for every activity. Annually the company also performs an internal verification in all its facilities to verify the environmental quality in their processes. 

ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IMPLANTATION AND CERTIFICATION (ISO 14001)

In order to establish Romagnole is not only committed to quality, but also to Environmental, Helath and Safety at Work matters, in 2010 the company intensified the efforts related to these matters and began the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards implantation and certification processes. These processes will make the unification of these standards with ISO 9001 standard, creating the Integrated Management System, meeting the commitment to good quality without damaging the environment and preserving the employee’s life and safety.